Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc. is a provider of US and Canadian Customs and logistics services; including parcel and courier services, LTL freight options, transborder trucking and last mile delivery. Our head office is located in Winnipeg, MB with facilities in Saskatchewan, Ontario, Illinois and Washington.
The Manager – Driver training, Safety & Audit Compliance would be responsible for basic fleet maintenance, organizing constant development of fleet drivers and implementing transportation safety initiatives. The candidate will closely with the Logistics Manager, and ensure that industry regulations are being complied with. Communication with drivers will also be a crucial aspect of the role.
- Conduct road tests for prospective class 5 and class 1A drivers, complete paperwork and provide input to management
- Conduct all web based new hire orientation and ongoing in vehicle training with all drivers
- Audit and analyze the drivers’ practices and trucks usage regarding safe driving and maintenance
- Take corrective action and make recommendations on changes, additions, and updates to the workplace health & safety program
- Ensure policies, procedures and training to adhere to regulatory compliance in the US and Canada – MPI, SGI, CVOR/MTO, FMCSA and Ministry of Transport
- Ensure audit completion and adherence to entities such as MPI, SGI, US DOT, MTO, FMCSA, PIP, CTPAT & DACH
- Daily maintenance of vehicles including: pre-trip/post-trip inspections and shunting vehicles as needed
- Provide advice and guidance in the interpretation, application, and administration of the Provincial Occupational Health Safety Acts Regulations, Workers Compensation Board and other industry regulations
- Investigate critical accidents/incidents and other safety events
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of workplace safety and compliance issues as they pertain to road transportation
- A Degree/Diploma or certification in Occupational Health Safety, Safety Management, Compliance or Risk Management or a related field
- Hold valid Class 1A Driver’s license
- Experience developing, monitoring, and implementing health and safety programs in a trucking or supply chain environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Acts and Regulations
- Knowledge of regulations and audit completion from agencies such as MPI, SGI, US DOT, MTO, FMCSA, PIP, CTPAT & DACH
- Excellent problem-solving ability including the ability to recognize, assess, report and provide solutions
- A high level of initiative and commitment and the desire to continually improve
- Proficient MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Availability for travel and flexibility with shifts
If this role interests you please send us your resume and salary expectation. While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Compensation will be based on experience, and willingness to grow into the position.