Have you recently graduated from college or university and have not found your ideal career yet? Do you have a passion for meeting new people and working with international trade? If yes, then please read ahead as Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an eager and enthusiastic person like yourself to join our sales team!
Working from our head office in Winnipeg, MB the Sales Trainee will be immersed into our customs brokerage, freight forwarding, trade compliance, logistics, and courier services.
Training will be provided in the first several months of employment. You will join our team to initially shadow, and then learn how to complete international operations processes independently. Tasks will include customs brokerage entry processing, international freight forwarding, assisting clients with logistics needs such as dispatching and delivery, setting up new customers, and contacting current and potential clients.
Fueled with an in-depth and practical knowledge of our various services, you will be eventually transitioned into a full time Sales Business Development role. You will research, identify, make initial and follow up meeting with current and potential clients to inform/educate and ultimately sell our services. You will play a key role in contacting potential and current clients and generate new sales opportunities.
Successful service transitions will provide you with a monthly commission payment, based from our lucrative commissions package which is viewed as better than industry average.
Responsibilities & tasks include:
- Researching, qualifying, contacting, and following up with new, current, and past leads.
- Completing daily outbound calls; marketing our customs brokerage, freight forwarding, logistics & courier services.
- Responding to questions regarding our customs, freight forwarding, logistics/courier service offerings.
- Documenting & updating sales software. Logging all conversations, emails as completed.
- Providing daily & weekly updates and reports to management team and account managers.
- Setting up appointments for sales managers and management team.
- Developing and growing existing business relationships with clients.
- Service oriented, driven, ambitious.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and competitive spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and culture a business to client relationship.
- Client focused. Able to identify client needs. Responsive to concerns/questions.
- Desire to grow into a Sales Business Development role. To be a future “Hunter”.
- Enjoys the challenge of finding potential client opportunities and communicating with clients to advance or close the sale.
- Ability to travel for work. Travel may be required within Canada, or USA as needed.
- Team player. Able to provide support to the sales team as well support corporate sales goals.
- Exceptional note taking. Ability to document conversations/emails/important facts.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Practical working experience using MS office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- 2+ years industry, or related sales, or outbound calling/telemarketing experience an asset.
- Knowledge of International Trade, Import and Exports Customs and processes an asset.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in supply chain logistics, marketing, business or a related field.
Sales Trainee will receive a competitive salary, medical & dental & life benefits, vacation in advance of accrual, plus a bonus plan. Monthly commissions will be added when in Sales Business Development role. Excellent opportunities exist for development and advancement within the sales team.
Please send your resume, salary expectations, and availability to start. While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an inter