We are currently seeking an Operations Clerk to join our team of customer service professionals. Based in our head office in Winnipeg, the Operations Clerk would be working to help grow our customer service team in our various departments such as: brokerage, logistics and courier.
The successful candidate will have exposure to track and trace, data entry, customs paperwork and dispatching our local fleet.
Supply Chain Logistics is a growing long-term career field for those interested in the aspects of international trade.
Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating and preparing shipment paperwork.
- Processing customs and operation documents on behalf of our clients.
- Communicating with our clients and internal departments concerning our client’s shipments’ status and their movement of goods into Canada.
- Communicating with our 3rd party carriers regarding shipment updates and status
- Responding to emails, phone calls, and faxes with our clients, carriers, and Government agencies.
- High volume data entry.
- Monitoring all drivers and cargo.
- Coordinating & assigning packages/freight to our driver fleet or owner operators for pre-scheduled or call in customers.
- Responding to all clients and driver phone calls and web requests relating to the setup or status of their freight.
- Monitoring and tracking and tracing functions.
- Supporting other logistics or customs teams as needed.
- Experience with shipping documents, inventory lists, bills of lading, or specific customs documents an asset.
- Working experience with MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel skills are required.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of various government agencies such as CFIA, Transport Canada an asset.
- Knowledge of areas of Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba.
- Knowledge of Canadian Geography and USA/Canada border crossing.
- Accuracy in data entry.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Reliable, demonstrated work ethic to complete tasks.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral.
- Following internal standard operating procedures (SOP) and client specific processes.
- Experience with computers using customized software programs.
- Previous experience working in a team environment.
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
If you are interested please submit your resume, cover letter and hourly wage expectation.
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.