We are seeking an experienced Shipper Receiver to join our warehouse team at our facility located in the Fort Garry Industrial Park.
If you have experience working in a busy warehouse environment and enjoy working in a small team, then this role is for you.
This is a full-time role from Monday to Friday, and your 8 hour shift will range between 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Receive cross dock cargo using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including forklifts, pallet jacks, hand dollies.
- Hand bomb freight as necessary.
- Verify that documentation matches freight description.
- Verify count and condition of freight received.
- Use of computer software, scanning devices, and email.
- Accurately label freight to destination.
- Unload, load and secure freight inside trailers and fleet vehicles.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Communicate daily freight pick-ups & drop-offs with drivers, secure end-of-day freight/cargo, and prepare morning pickups and deliveries.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
- General warehouse duties – cleaning, sweeping, snow shoveling, garbage, etc.
- Assist with office furniture moves & other physical tasks as required.
- Minimum 1 year of warehousing, freight handling and/or forklift experience.
- Forklift certification an asset.
- TDG certification an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in using computerized warehouse software/programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to escalate concerns or problems to superiors or management.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service to clients and internal teams.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in job tasks & functions.
- Adherence to internal company policies and health and safety protocols.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75lbs without assistance.
- Available for varied shifts and overtime.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- A clear Criminal Record Check is required.
If you’re interested to join our team, please send us your resume, hourly wage expectation and availability to start.
Salary: $14.00-$16.00 per hour