We are seeking a full time Courier Driver capable of driving our fleet vehicle in surrounding areas of Saskatoon. Starting from and returning to our warehouse in Saskatoon, the Driver will service our clients in the following towns & cities: Asquith, Duck Lake, Hague, Hepburn, Kinley, Macdowall, Nuelange, Osler, Wilkie, & Rosthern.
The Driver will be responsible for maintaining trip sheets and all freight documents, manifests, and BOL’s. Adherence to all health and occupational safety, department of highways, and DOT regulations; as well as ensuring the safety, security, and prompt delivery of the cargo while on route is imperative.
- Must have good knowledge of the roadways in and around Saskatoon.
- Must be able to drive alone on the highway.
- Must have a smart phone for communication with dispatch.
- Experience using GPS, cell phone, and other company hand held tracking devices.
- Good knowledge of log/trip sheets, inspection reports, freight documents.
- Flexible to adapt to new clients or new delivery routes within or outside Saskatoon, as required.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50lbs without assistance as well as demonstrate the safe use of hand dollies and/or pallet jacks.
- A minimum of 2 years behind the wheel commercial driving experience.
- A current clean NSC commercial driver’s abstract (minimum of at least one year).
- A valid class 5 license.
- Must have a current criminal background check, as well as be bondable if requested.
- Must comply with company drug & alcohol program.
- Must have Steel Toed Shoes, wear company identification card and company branded clothing.
- Must be able to read, write, and clearly communicate in English.
- Professional and experienced in providing good customer service to Clients.
Please reply with your resume, salary expectations, and availability to start.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50-$17.50 per hour