Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc.is a provider of US and Canadian Customs Services, Trade Consulting and Supply Chain Logistics, which includes parcel and courier services.
Based out of Winnipeg MB, we are seeking Class 1 Drivers to complete weekday P & D within Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba in various sized vehicles including vans, 1 Ton, 3 Ton, 5 Ton and tractor trailer units.
This is a full time permanent role from Monday to Friday. There may be an option for a condensed 4 day work week.
The Driver must be confident, drive safely and within speed limits within their designated routes. Loading and unloading of freight, maintaining trip sheets/freight documents/manifests/BOL’s, following health and occupational safety regulations; as well as ensuring the safety, security, and prompt delivery of the cargo while on route is imperative.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Servicing our Clients package pick-ups and drops offs in a prompt, safe, and secure manner.
- Loading, unloading, sorting & organizing freight at our Client’s facility or at our warehouse.
- Safely lift up to 50lbs with no assistance.
- Safely move/transfer freight using hand dollies, pallet jacks, or hand-bombing.
- Flexibility to adjust workday as needed for heavy or light freight days.
- Follow scheduled assigned route and/or modify as instructed by Dispatch.
- Flexibility to adapt to new delivery routes from head office as directed.
- Maintaining trip sheets, all freight documents/manifests/BOL’s.
- Experience using GPS, cell phone, and any other company hand held tracking devices/apps.
- Adherence to health and occupational safety regulations.
- Adherence to Manitoba Highways & Traffic regulations & DOT regulations.
- Communicating with our dispatch team via phone, text, courier app.
- Communicating with other Frontier drivers to complete load transfers and providing updates on status of freight.
- A valid Class 1 license.
- A current clean driver abstract.
- Experience driving a 5 Ton with tailgate, or smaller an asset.
- Minimum 1 year behind the wheel commercial driving experience.
- Criminal background check with no violations. Must be bondable if requested.
- Commercial Abstract. At least one year of no infractions/clean record.
- Driver Safety Rating Level of at least 1.
- Have Safety Toed Shoes.
- Wear company identification card and company branded clothing. Maintain quality of both.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Participation in random drug & alcohol testing program.
- Able to read, write, & communicate in English.
- Previous knowledge of log books/trip sheets, inspection reports, freight documents.
- Experience using technology for communication and travel – such as smart phone or GPS.
- Experienced in providing good customer service to Clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Winnipeg and towns in Southern Manitoba.
Candidates with the right attitude and dependability will be given preference.
Please reply with your availability to meet, to begin work, and a copy of your driving abstract.
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.