The Driver Trainer would be responsible for fleet maintenance, constant development of fleet drivers and implementing transportation safety initiatives. The candidate will closely with the Logistics Manager, ensure that industry regulations are being complied with. Communication with and hands-on training with the drivers is a crucial aspect of the role.
- Conduct assessments for class 5 and class 1A drivers, complete evaluation and provide input to management.
- Conduct, Administer & Track all new hire orientation, ongoing driver training – web based or in-vehicle.
- Audit and analyze the drivers’ practices regarding safe driving.
- Take corrective action and make recommendations on changes, additions, and updates to the workplace health & safety program.
- Ensure policies, procedures, audit completion and training to adhere to regulatory compliance in the US and Canada – MPI, SGI, PIP, CTPAT, DACH, CVOR/MTO, FMCSA, Ministry of Transport.
- Daily maintenance of vehicles including pre-trip/post-trip inspections and maintenance of vehicles, trailers are completed as needed.
- Provide advice and guidance in the interpretation, application, and administration of the Provincial Occupational Health Safety Acts Regulations, Workers Compensation Board and other industry regulations.
- Investigate critical accidents/incidents and other safety events.
- Driver interaction including recruitment, ongoing relationship building and discipline as necessary.
- Initiate meetings with drivers to review training, safety, compliance, or other matters.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of workplace safety and compliance issues as they pertain to road transportation.
- Strong knowledge of tractor & trailer maintenance is preferred.
- Practical experience in completing driver training and driver training development.
- Experience in developing, modifying driver training materials and/or programs.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Acts and audit completion from agencies such as MPI, SGI, US DOT, MTO, FMCSA, PIP, CTPAT & DACH.
- Excellent problem-solving ability including the ability to recognize, assess, report and provide solutions.
- A high level of initiative and commitment and the desire to continually improve.
- Proficient MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word) is an asset.
- Willingness to travel and be flexible with work shifts is preferred.
- A Degree/Diploma or certification in Occupational Health Safety, Safety Management, Compliance or Risk Management or a related field is preferred.
- Hold valid Class 1 Driver’s license.
If this role interests you please send us your resume and cover letter and salary expectations. While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted