Frontier has a summer opportunity for a post-secondary student in our Winnipeg facility. Working in a full time basis until September 2022, the selected student will support our warehouse activities during our summer peak season. Shifts will be 7.50 hours from Monday to Friday. Flexibility will be required to work shifts between the hours of 7:00am to 7:00 pm, as needed.
The student will receive exposure to the internal processes within a growing supply chain firm. This is an asset to a student currently pursuing studies in international business or supply chain management.
- Relocating, Re-organizing, and/or picking and packing freight in the warehouse.
- Loading/Unloading freight from assorted trailers, vans, or 3 or 5 tons.
- Use of pallets jacks, dollies, and power and/or manual forklifts.
- Assist with e-commerce sorting, scanning and package handling.
- Scanning and verifying all shipping paperwork/documentation/counts to freight.
- Labeling freight to the appropriate destination.
- Warehouse and building maintenance – sweeping, cleaning, storing and moving warehouse and office, loading dock and exterior maintenance (shoveling, garbage etc).
- Previous warehouse experiences an asset.
- Certified forklift experiences an asset.
- Flexibility to adjusting shifts as necessary due to workload or freight volume.
- Demonstrated proven track record for attendance.
- Hard working. Work ethic to complete tasks well and fully.
- Can work independently and follow instruction and timelines.
- Physically cable of lifting and moving freight up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Criminal background check.
- Team player.
Apply with your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications, and availability for an in person or virtual meeting.
Preference will be given to students who submit the above information (resume, cover letter, department, availability to meet).