Frontier has a summer opportunity for a post-secondary student in our Itasca, IL facility. Working in a full time basis until September 2022, the selected student will support our warehouse activities during our summer peak season. Shifts will be Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00pm.
- Loading/Unloading freight from assorted trailers, vans, or 3 or 5 tons.
- Assist in receiving and cross docking cargo using the appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jacks.
- Verify and note the count and condition of the freight received.
- Accurately label freight to destination.
- Secure freight inside trailers.
- Perform various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Previous warehousing, freight handling and/or forklift experience an asset.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic and superior attention to detail.
If this role interests you please email your resume, cover letter with salary expectation, and references.
While we thank everyone for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.