We are currently seeking a full time Warehouse Lead in our Regina warehouse located at 1055 Mackay St. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Lead will participate in “hands on” warehouse tasks as well as direct the freight handling / sorting activities during the night shift.
The Lead will be the main contact and interact with the evening warehouse vendors and carriers, as well as coordinate, and oversee all warehouse activities to meet our service expectations to our clients.
This is a full-time permanent night position from Monday to Friday. Shifts are from 12:00am to 9:00am, but may vary pending seasonal freight fluctuations.
- Performing accurate and efficient warehouse package and freight handling / sorting
- Overseeing night warehouse team in ensuring accurate sorting with minimal errors and maintaining scan goals are met
- Operating equipment – forklift, pallet jack, dollies, scanners
- Verifying paperwork, labelling and scanning freight
- Maintaining warehouse security during night shift including alarms, unlocking/locking warehouse, approaching any drivers or visitors that enter the facility etc.
- Providing feedback in projects that impact the warehouse and/or the night shift
- Participating in recruitment processes for new hires (including on boarding and training)
- Assisting with performance review processes
- Acting as a team leader by initiating & leading team building events
- Proactively adjusting to operational fluctuations for staffing and business needs
- Ensuring team are following established SOP’s, assisting to modify processes and SOP’s as needed
- Completing & submitting weekly attendance reports to HR Department and Branch Operations Supervisor
- 2+ plus years of warehousing, and freight handling dock experience
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience an asset
- Previous experience working an overnight shift
- Experience operating a handheld scanner, forklift, pallet jack, or other warehouse material handling equipment required
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to foster, build, maintain business relationships with vendors, carriers, and other business partners
- Practical experience with Microsoft Office; used as a resource for communication, analysis etc.
- Ability to pull reports and analyze data to improve efficiencies, adopt operational or staffing changes, review processes, and/or to add value to client satisfaction
- Ability to meet fast-paced productivity goals and standards
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to work independently and serve in a leadership role to support the night team
- Forklift certification. Train the trainer experience an asset
- Criminal Record Check is required
If you are interested please submit your resume, cover letter and your availability to start.
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.