We are currently seeking an Operations Clerk to join our team of customer service professionals. Based in our head office in Winnipeg, the Operations Clerk will be responsible for processing customs and operations documents on behalf of our clients.
The successful candidate will be exposure to customs paperwork and training in the operations area of the business will be provided. Supply Chain Logistics is a growing long-term career field for those interested in the aspects of international trade.
This is a full-time permanent role with shifts from Monday to Friday. Shifts will be 8 hours in duration with an unpaid 30-minute meal break. Daytime shifts will range between the hours of 8am to 6pm.
- Coordinate and prepare shipment paperwork.
- Process customs and operation documents on behalf of our clients.
- Communicate with our clients and internal departments concerning our client’s shipments’ status and their movement of goods into Canada.
- Responding to emails, phone calls, and faxes with our clients, carriers, and Government agencies (i.e. Canadian Border Service Agency, Canadian Food Inspection Agency).
- High volume data entry.
- Support other customs brokerage operation teams as needed.
- Experience with shipping documents, inventory lists, bills of lading, or specific customs documents an asset.
- Working experience with MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel skills are required.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of various government agencies such as CFIA, Transport Canada an asset.
- High accuracy in data entry.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Reliable, demonstrated work ethic to complete tasks.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral.
- Follow internal standard operating procedures (SOP) and client specific processes.
- Experience with computers using customized software programs.
- Previous experience working in a team environment.
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
- Post secondary education with a focus on supply chain logistics is an asset.
If you are interested please submit your resume, cover letter and your availability to start.
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.