We are looking for an experienced Courier Driver to provide good customer service and complete pick-ups & drop-offs courier services to our clients in Winnipeg and rural Manitoba. Operating a 5-ton (WITH AIR-BRAKE), you will start and end the day at our facility located in Fort Garry Industrial Park. This is a full time permanent role from Monday to Friday.
The Driver must be confident and drive safely and within speed limits within their designated routes. Loading and unloading of freight, maintaining trip sheets/freight documents/manifests/BOL’s, following health and occupational safety regulations; as well as ensuring the safety, security, and prompt delivery of the cargo while on route is imperative.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Servicing our Clients package pick-ups and drops offs in a prompt, safe, and secure manner.
- Loading, unloading, sorting & organizing freight at our Client’s facility or at our warehouse.
- Safely lift up to 50lbs with no assistance.
- Flexibility to adjust workday as needed for heavy or light freight days.
- Follow scheduled assigned route and/or modify as instructed by Dispatch.
- Flexibility to adapt to new delivery routes from head office as directed.
- Maintaining trip sheets, all freight documents/manifests/BOL’s.
- Experience using GPS, cell phone, and any other company hand held tracking devices/apps.
- Adherence to health and occupational safety regulations.
- Adherence to Manitoba Highways & Traffic regulations & DOT regulations.
- Communicating with our dispatch team via phone, text, courier app.
- Communicating with other Frontier drivers to complete load transfers and providing updates on status of freight.
- A valid Class 5 license with air endorsement.
- Experience driving a 5 ton truck required.
- Criminal background check with no violations. Must be bondable if requested.
- Commercial Abstract. At least one year of no infractions/clean record.
- Driver Safety Rating Level of at least 1.
- Have Safety Toed Shoes.
- Wear company identification card and company branded clothing. Maintain quality of both.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Able to read, write, & communicate in English.
- Previous knowledge of log books/trip sheets, inspection reports, freight documents.
- Experience using technology for communication and travel – such as smart phone or GPS.
- Experienced in providing good customer service to Clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Winnipeg and towns in Southern Manitoba.
Candidates with the right attitude and dependability will be given preference.
Please reply with your availability to meet, to begin work, and a copy of your driving abstract.
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.