CTPAT Profiles Need To Be Updated
CTPAT has implemented a new Minimum Security Criteria (MSC) in 2020 to address the most prevalent and evolving security threats.
Click here for the MSC Implementation Guidance.
Update & Submit your Security Profile: Frontier’s trade consulting experts will help you remain in compliance
Click Here, or call us as 1-877-704-3727 ext.700 to get in touch with one of our experts.
As a CTPAT participant, you must update your security profile once a year according to your anniversary date.
In order to be in compliance, the security profile must be completed and submitted before your anniversary date. The security profile opens for updates 90 days before your anniversary date, where it is to be completed.
CBP has created three focus areas that contain 12 MSC categories, including three new ones, that apply across the supply chain.
The 3 Focus areas are:
1. Corporate Security
2. People and physical security
3. Transportation security
The 12 MSC categories are:
1. Security Vision & Responsibility
2. Risk Assessment
3. Business Partners
5. Conveyance and Instruments of International Traffic Security
6. Seal Security
7. Procedural Security
8. Agricultural Security
9. Physical Security
10. Physical Access Control
11. Personnel Security
12. Education, Training, and Awareness
In addition to the 12 MSC categories, several new requirements and recommendations related to the following areas and recommendations also apply:
- The protection of the supply chain against agricultural contaminants and pests
- The prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing
- The expansion of security technology to strengthen existing physical security
How to Proceed Based on your Renewal Date:
January through May 2020:
- You are in compliance if your security profile was submitted and approved by January of February of 2020.
- Your next security profile update is due by your next anniversary date in 2021
June through December 2020:
- Please keep with your anniversary date for submission.
- Complete and submit your security profile before the anniversary date in order to be in compliance with the CTPAT partner agreement to prevent suspension form the CTPAT program.