Frontier Covid-19 Planning
To prepare for Covid-19 Frontier is taking preparation in case of absenteeism’s, supply chain interruption and remote work patterns. Our goals are to ensure we minimize the impact of a triggered event disrupting our customers and business partners.
- Our communication and operating systems are designed to be worked remotely.
- Fax, e-mail and phone communications are enabled for employees to work remotely.
- Encouraging personnel to have social distance, hand sanitize, use anti-bacterial wipes and keep
hand tissue separate.
- Cross Training is ongoing and will be continued.
- Frontier has flexible hours and will continue to ensure that timely customs releases and deliveries occur.
- Our managers and employees have been advised of our expectations, if a fever or sickness is occurring to stay home and visit a medical facility immediately.
- Employees returning from abroad will be requested to work remotely or obtain medical clearance prior to a work return.
- We have implemented a more rigorous cleaning process within Frontier offices and vehicles to mitigate any spread of disease among staff and customers.
- Telecommuting will be reviewed daily for office personnel.
- Knowledge transfer of information has been an ongoing effort at Frontier and will continue.
- Social distancing of employees is occurring to ensure backups are in other cities.
- Non-essential business air travel will be restricted for Frontier personnel.
- Proof of Signatures regarding delivery will be restricted to eliminate unneeded exposure.
- Drivers and customer facing personnel will be provided with anti-bacterial cleaning for their tools and person.
Plan activation and Triggered Event
At this time no Frontier employee or contractor has contracted Covid-19 virus. We have offices in zones with outbreaks and it is important to monitor. If a person becomes ill within Frontier our triggered plans will begin.
Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc.