Winnipeg: Transborder Supervisor
Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc. (Frontier) is a rapidly growing provider of US and Canadian Customs Services, Trade Consulting, Supply Chain Logistics, including parcel and courier delivery.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Supervisor to join our team. Based in our head office in Winnipeg, the Logistics Supervisor’s responsibility will be to provide guidance and direction to the team. A motivated professional with an emphasis on being customer driven, solution and process improvement focused to service Frontier’s clients. This position is all about the efficient and timely PARS/PAPS processing of shipments for border crossing to and from the USA.
The successful candidate will be exposure to customs paperwork and training in the operations area of the business will be provided. Supply Chain Logistics is a growing long-term career field for those interested in the aspects of international trade.
This is a full-time permanent role with shifts from Monday to Friday. Shifts will be 8 hours in duration with an unpaid 30-minute meal break. Daytime shifts will range between the hours of 8am to 6pm.
- Performs same work as those supervised
- Communication with customers, drivers, custom brokers, border officers via telephone & email
- Tracking & tracing/monitor shipment status and relay status to customer
- Make sure freight is moved in a timely manner
- Coordinate with drivers, terminal management and customs officers to ensure compliance with customs regulations
- Find inefficiencies, suggest process improvements
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare reports
- On-boarding new clients to ensure smooth transition
- Support business operations during Canadian statutory holidays as required
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Experience with shipping documents, inventory lists, bills of lading, or specific customs documents an asset.
- Working experience with MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel skills are required.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to multitask.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Reliable, demonstrated work ethic to complete tasks.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral.
- Follow internal standard operating procedures (SOP) and client specific processes.
- Experience with computers using customized software programs.
- Previous experience working in a team office environment.
- Post secondary education with a focus on supply chain logistics is an asset.
If you are interested please submit your resume, cover letter and your availability to start.
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $18 – 21 per hour
- Why are you interested in working for Frontier?
- What is your exposure to PAP/PARS Paperwork?
- Transportation industry experience?
- Supervisory/Leadership experience?
- Data entry experience?
- Customs/brokerage experience?
- Customer service/data entry experience?