CARM Client Portal:
Release 1 is Now Live
The CBSA CARM Client Portal launched on May 25, 2021.
What you need to do to prepare:
Creating Your User Portal Account
- Any Individual conducting business with CBSA, on behalf of the organization, must create an individual user portal account in the CCP.
- A GCKey or Sign-in partner is required for every individual to create their user account in the CCP.
- A GCKey is a unique credential for communicating with online government programs and services. One GCKey can be used to access multiple online Government programs and can be used with different computers.
- To acquire your GCKey, navigate to the CCP landing page once available, and follow the instructions to complete your GCKey registration.
Create your User Portal Account
- Sign-in Partners are financial institutions and banks.
- Once in the CCP, log in using your online banking information if you have an account with one of the participating Sign-in Partners and are registered for online banking.
Register Your Business
- The first person to register the business is known as a Business Account Manager (BAM).
- It is recommended to have at least two BAMs associated with your business account.
- The BAM will need to validate the business and answer questions.
- Business number (BN9), program reference number (RM), legal entity name and full address information.
Register your Business
- Two of three transactional questions: recent transaction number and associate duties & taxes, last transaction payment amount, or last Statement of Account (SOA) balance.
- If you have multiple RM numbers, simply select one of your accounts to validate in the portal.
Delegating Access to Your Portal Account
- Once the business has been registered, employees can link their individual profiles with the business, by creating an access request.
- This request is sent to the BAM, who grants access.
- The employee will receive notification that their request has been approved.
- Other user roles can be set by the BAM, include Program Account Manager, Editor, Reader, Third-Party Business Account Manager, Third-Party Program Account Manager.
Obtain a Customs Bond
- Set the transaction visibility to allow your third parties to access transactions:
- Submitted by their business only
- Submitted by you
- Submitted by another third-party service provider business.
Delegating Access to Your Customs Broker
- You may now delegate access to Frontier
- Please read our step-by-step guide for granting Frontier access to your CARM Client Portal.
CBSA's Resource Document's for CCP:
Make sure you work with your custom broker and other third-party service providers to delegate them with access to your business’ account, so they can manage importation activities on your behalf.
CARM Features & Benefits
Ensure that your organization has selected the individuals who will assume the role of Business Account Manager and determine access privileges for the rest of your organization and third-party service providers, who will need to operate in the portal.