As the Network/Server Administrator, you would be responsible for providing onsite and offsite technical support to Frontier and its various subsidiaries, support includes company directory, email, backup anti-malware and other backend systems. The candidate will work alongside all departments across the company and subsidiaries to ensure high-quality and positive technical experiences that aim to improve performance, stability, functionality and systems management processes. Travel to the Frontier Canadian and US facilities as needed. Applicant must be in the Winnipeg area and will be working in office.
- Installing and configuring software, hardware, and networks.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Provides troubleshooting and issue resolution in a timely manner.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up of user accounts, computers and access, inventory and hardware maintenance.
- Oversee access to computer files, as needed and monitor on an ongoing basis to ensure only authorized users access files.
- Ensure incident response and management protocols and process are consistently followed
- Be able to work evening and weekends if required for patching/upgrading/deploying systems.
- Responsible for software licensing to ensure the company is compliant at all times.
- Communicate with vendors for hardware and software/licensing.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a complex & sophisticated technical environment.
- 3+ years experience in Windows environments.
- Hands on Help Desk experience
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology or related field.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences with varying levels of IT knowledge
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently and manage time to support multiple high-priority objectives simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
- Working knowledge of Group Policy and Powershell an asset
- Working knowledge of Linux an asset
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot problems that may arise with the above technologies
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected].
Salary will be determined based upon experience and qualifications
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.