Winnipeg: Human Resources Coordinator
Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc. (Frontier) is a rapidly growing provider of US and Canadian Customs Services, Trade Consulting, and Supply Chain Logistics, including parcel and courier delivery.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an HR Coordinator to join the HR team at our Head Office. This is ideal for a candidate who has 1-2 years` experience in an HR capacity and is seeking a move with more responsibility and challenge. We are also considering applicants who have recently completed post-secondary education with a focus on Human Resources.
Our company is growing quickly, both organically and via acquisitions. The candidate’s HR activities will include all organizations: our Canadian company & US subsidiaries. The potential for this role is only limited to the candidate and their desire to learn and grow.
The HR Coordinator will be directly responsible for payroll and benefits administration, attendance tracking & maintenance, entry-level recruitment & onboarding, employee engagement and front-line queries, and health & safety. Tasks to support the team tasks will also include training, company social activities, as well as projects in HR.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Payroll: Full cycle payroll activities for Canadian companies.
- Recruitment: Full cycle recruitment & onboarding activities for entry-level roles.
- Group benefits & pension: Canadian plan administration, information maintenance, plan reconciliation & remittance, employee inquiries etc.
- Employee files & Attendance Management: Maintain corporate records for employee information. Respond to employee & management queries.
- Health & Safety: Compliance with company health & safety policy and all related regional, federal, state, and transportation regulations. Lead health & safety meetings and other training as required.
- Other: Social charity activities. Assist with training, premises concerns, participation in HR projects and assorted ad hoc reporting.
- Post-secondary graduate with specialization in human resources.
- A CHRP Candidate status or working towards CHRP designation is an asset.
- Experience with web-based payroll systems an in-house payroll experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian payroll legislation and federal/state employment standards, occupational health & safety and other regulations.
- Exposure to working in a head office setting or with remote facilities is an asset.
- Initiative, positive attitude, and demonstrated team player.
- Ability to take the lead in situations. Diplomatic and tactful where required.
- Ability to build trusting relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in handling confidential information within and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with employees across all levels of the company, vendors, external agencies, and the general public.
- Customer service-focused with an ability to prioritize and handle urgent requests.
- Ability to balance and coordinate multiple demands and timelines.
- Conscientious attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel required. <Pivot Tables, Filters, Vlookups etc.>.
If you are interested please submit your resume, cover letter and your availability to start to [email protected]
While we thank everyone for their interest please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.